Sunday, April 3, 2011

Won't you be my neighbor?

Hi. My name is Helen and I am addicted to Facebook games.

Yes. I admit it. I love playing games. Farmville, Frontierville, Cityville. You name it, I've played it.

These games are very addictive and competitive. I love tending to crops, receiving gifts, building things where you have to ask for parts and trying to get to the next level before your neighbors do.

Why? Who knows. They are just a lot of fun.

Michael has said, "Are you playing that game again?" "Are you going to be on there all day?" My reply: "Yes!"

I guess it could be worse. I could invite people I don't even know just to get parts faster, but I stick with people who are on my friends list. I don't ignore my other responsiblilities. I haven't missed work just so I could play. I still get the house cleaned, dinner cooked, kids where they need to be. (While typing this blog I have a load of clothes in the washer and the dryer.)

Fortunately I still have dial up, so it actually takes a few minutes for the games to load. That's when I do my chores. If I have to go to the store I leave the computer on so I don't have to reload the game.

So, I am addicted to games. I could be addicted to much worse. I know my limits and if I look up and realize I have been on the computer for more than 2 hours I will turn it off (for a few minutes!)

I don't like to think about the time I've wasted on my computer. I think it would make me ill. So I just enjoy it and go with it. It's like a release for me. I spend so much time taking care of "adult" things — working, paying bills, taking care of my family — it's easy for me to get lost in a game where there are no responsibilities.

It also keeps me busy. I am always moving, doing something, going somewhere. I wouldn't know how to act if I suddenly had a few hours with nothing to do. 

Well, it's time to end this. I have crops that need tending in Frontierville!

Here's a quick tip: For those of you who don't like seeing the game requests pop up on Facebook, you can hide these without hiding everything posted from that person.

Keeping it sweet and simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment