Sunday, March 6, 2011

The power of prayer

It seems I have been going through a rough patch the last few weeks. But what keeps me going is my faith of God and knowing He is there for me and will give me what I need.

The power of prayer is truly an amazing thing.  "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." — Matthew 7:7

Now, does this mean if I ask God for a million dollars I will receive? Not likely!

Prayer keeps me focused on the positive things and not to dwell on the things that hurt or make me angry.

When I pray I ask God to forgive me, to have mercy on me and to give me the strength to get through the day. He has always answered my prayers.

You see, it's not that God doesn't answer our prayers, it's what we ask for.

When my mother died, I didn't ask God to spare her. I knew if it was her time, no amount of prayer was going to change that. I did pray that her death was easy and quick. I didn't want her to suffer.

 I can't imagine what her quality of life would be now if she had survived.

So, yes, God answered my prayers.

It still hurt deeply when she died and I miss her very much and if it wasn't for my faith in God I probably would have lost my mind. Every day I asked God to be with me and help through that day. And every day became a little easier.

God does answer our prayers. Sometimes it may not be what we want or expect, but it is what God wants for us. And if we believe and trust in God then what He gives us will always be exactly what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment